Each July, The Arc joins with The City of Anniston’s Parks and Recreation Department’s Therapeutic Recreation Program to provide a fun and educational one week day camp for individuals ages 17 and above.
There is a nominal charge for the camp which helps to cover the entry fees, food costs and T-shirt and craft purchases.
Locations visited recently by participants in The Arc /Anniston PARD Day Camp include
- Rocky Branch Railroad and Ghost Town (Breman, Georgia)
- The American Village (Montevallo)
- The Star Wars Exhibit at the Space and Rocket Center (Huntsville)
- The Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame (Birmingham)
- The Civil Rights Museum (Birmingham)
- The Alabama Sports Hall of Fame (Birmingham)
- Noccalula Falls ( Gadsden)
- The Georgia Aquarium ( Atlanta)
- The Tennessee Aquarium (Chattanooga)
- The Center for Puppetry Arts (Atlanta)
and more locally *
- The ROTC program at Jacksonville State University
- The Bus Burning Exhibit (Downtown Anniston)
- Anniston Bowling Center
- Janney Furnace (Ohatchee)
- The Supply Room (Oxford)
- Anniston Fire Department
- IAC, Inc.
*camp coordinators are always on the lookout for fun and/or educational places to take the campers for little or no charge. If you know of such a location, please contact Pati Tiller at 256-236-2857
This camp has proven to be a very popular camp among area adults with developmental disabilities, and camper space is limited, so we recommend securing a space on the Anniston PARD van early! Interested particiapnts may download the camp form and return it and the registration fee to The Arc office at PO Box 1848, Anniston AL 36202.
For more information concerning the Anniston PARD’s Therapeutic Recreation Program, please call Bernadette M. Burroughs at 256-241-2679.